Official Contest Rules (Local Contest)
How to enter or participate:
- To enter the contest register if you are a new user or sign in and make your picks.
- Open to legal U.S. residents of the KQTV viewing area, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations. Entrants must have access to e-mail to enter and win. If any prize notification or e-mail is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements, the prizes will be forfeited and awarded to the next eligible entrant. Employees of Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc., KQTV, the National Broadcasting Company, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, contractors working on their products, projects or promotions, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and household members are not eligible to enter, play, or win any prizes. No purchase necessary. *KQTV viewing area defined as 100 mile radius from 4000 Faraon, St. Joseph, MO.
Entry deadline dates:
- Submissions will be accepted through March 18, 2016.
Nature and value of prizes:
When prizes are awarded:
- The prize will be awarded the following week. The winner will be contacted by the email or phone number that was submitted. Prizes may NOT be shipped and must be picked up from the KQ2 Studio at 4000 Faraon in St. Joseph, MO.
Means of selecting winners:
- Individual with most correct answers.
- Random selection of correct winners.
- Once you supply us with an email address you will receive emails that will contain great deals from local businesses, local events that are coming up, new contests, and promotional items. Also you will be automatically entered into future contests to win great prizes.
How to do I unsubscribe?
- Within any of the emails we send you, there is an opt-out link at the bottom of the email. If you unsubscribe from our emails then you will not have the chance to win future giveaways. By remaining a subscriber you will have the chance to win great prizes quarterly.
- Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 or equivalent from the Sponsors.
By participating in the Contest, participants, winner and winner's companions agree to have their names, voices, or likenesses used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, and winner and the parent/guardians of winner's companions shall be required to sign a publicity release, affidavit of eligibility and release of liability prior to their participation in the prize. By accepting the prize, winner and the parent/guardian of winner's companions grant to Sponsors the right to use the winner's and winner's companion's names, voices, pictures and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in any and all media now known or hereafter invented, without further permission or additional compensation (except where prohibited by law).
- All expenses on receipt and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release KQTV/StJoeChannel.com, Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc., and all prize providers from any such liability. The released parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other persons' computer, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this contest. The released parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest or by any human error, computer error or other error or problem of any kind which may occur. This contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes on the prize and any other expenses not specified above are the sole responsibility of the winner.